Monday, 30 December 2013

Winter Essentials | Toronto Ice Storm


I like to think that as a Canadian, that I'm a pretty valid source of advice when it comes bearing with the winter. Here are some of my winter essentials that helps me through my least favourite season!

Giant Knit Cardigans

This cardigan from Mendocino is more like a fashionable blanket than a cardigan and I'm obsessed with it.

Scarfs

Most of my scarfs are knit by my grandma or bought at local boutiques. I generally wear two types of scarfs; circle scarfs, and printed squares the size of a blanket. 

Winter Boots

While they aren't the most fashionable things in the world, they are the most functional with the extreme amounts of snow that we get here. Sorels are some serious heavy duty winter boots that pretty much every Canadian from the 5 year old making snow angels to the 80 year old going on their morning stroll has.

Down Filled Winter Coat

You can get down filled winter coats pretty much anywhere are here. The difference in price is usually differentiated by the quality of the fill, or environment which the fill was obtained or the coat was made.  If you come to Canada you'll probably see 3 in every 5 people wearing a Canada Goose Jacket. These jackets have become immensely popular and notorious for their warmth and high price. But I'm telling you guys right now, my Goose (Trillium) has become as beloved as my cell phone! It's the warmest thing in the world, and when I have it on I seriously feel like I can go play with polar bears!

Lip Balm and Hand Cream

The winter dries out everything and it sucks. My hands and lips have become ratchet and gross but I still do what I can to manage them. L'Occitane hand cream is da bomb! I feel like I'm applying whipped cream on my hands, which sounds weird but it's exactly what you should be looking for in a hand cream. As for lip balms, I usually just buy whatever and throw them in every single one of my bags and drop them all over my house.

 Toronto experienced a crazy ice storm, where trees fell down and half of the city was left without power. Although, it was pretty intense and the damage was quite serious there was this beautiful aftermath. Here are some of my favourite photos taken by local photographers!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...