Thursday, 22 August 2013

Re-Branding "Unmasked Canvas:" A Message to My Readers


Hello my lovely readers!

Today, I'd like to present to you the rebranding of my blog! Don't any of you fret, Unmasked Canvas will still be the dedicated blog/channel written and filmed by me and only me! I am still working everyday to uphold the name in which I brought up by myself! 

I talk about Unmasked Canvas as though it is a thriving business or whatnot when in reality, it is just my personal blog with just above 30 followers... and that's exactly how I like it. I'm not saying that I wouldn't like more followers or gain more attention, I'm just saying that I'd continue writing and making videos even if no one out there was reading. 

I come from a family where academics is held high on everyone's priority list and to be honest, it scares me. I'm scared that I won't be good enough to achieve high standards, I'm scared that I'll live my life doing something that won't make me happy, and most of all I'm scared that I'll forget what it is like to do something that you truly enjoy. 

Blogging and making youtube videos is something that I truly enjoy and feel that I am good at without having to make 1000 flashcards and highlighting a textbook with as many pages to match! 

As my youtube channel is gaining more subscribers (I finally hit the 100 sub mark! Yaaay <3), I wanted to create Unmasked Canvas as a brand managed by me.

I didn't take in much from my drowse worthy business course last year, but I do remember branding as being a quintessential part in upholding a business. Unmasked Canvas to me is not a business, but as I begin to actually make something of Unmasked Canvas I hope and it will serve as a constant reminder to me to not allow whatever crazy academic schedule I may have to compromise what I love most; helping and connecting with strangers about something that feels effortless.

As my youtube and blog begin to grow and improve, I as a person am doing the same because of you.

Thank You

xxx Jenny 

1 comment:

  1. aw, this post is cute! Don't worry about your academic results! Im sure you will do well and make your way through it~! I like that your blogging for yourself and not for gaining followers and stuff. I will definitely read your post so don't worry about no one reading them haha :3

    Mindy~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...