Monday, 27 May 2013

"Starlight Blues" Tutorial

Finished Look! 
Prime your upper lid and just under your lower lash line.
Take a flat shader brush and mix a blue-toned grey, a shimmery light navy blue, and a white iridescent shadow together to create a pretty blue-toned white shimmer! Im using the BH Cosmetics 3rd Edition 120 Colours palette and a MAC 213 brush. 
Take a grey gunmetal colour and a pencil brush and work the colour deep into your crease. I'm using the Sigma E30 brush.
Take a black shadow and using the same pencil brush, darken the crease with the same motion as the previous step. Create a small wing upwards following the natural shape of your eye. Your wing should connect with the crease colour! 
Take a blending brush and blend the harsh lines of the crease away. Try not to blend the dark colours into the white on the lid so much because you want to have the evident contrast! I used a MAC 224 brush! (Brush picture above is not mine, I forgot to take a picture of my brush sawry) 
Take a liquid liner draw a simple thin line close to the lash line! Using NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese line you lower lash line/water line. Taking the same pencil brush from before, use the leftover colour on the brush and buff the colour into the outer half of you eye! 

Curl your lashes and apply a volumizing mascara on your lower and top lashed and you're done! Here, I'm using the Shu Uemura Lash Curler and the Fairydrops Mascara!

I'm going to start writing short stories to go along with each of my tutorials and I hope you enjoy taking a read into the story of each look that I create! Please take a read and enjoy my first instalment titled "Starlight Blues"
Starlight Blues

At that point in my life, I didn't know what I wanted. I didn't know what anything had meant anymore. What did a bird's chirping amongst the clashing cars on the rabid city streets mean? Was it trying to convey a message to us? To his or her mate? Why was the grass so lush and green on that particular day? Was it because of a new fertilizer? Had it just been freshly watered? And why did I feel different that day? I woke up as a brushed my legs against my white Egyptian cotton sheets, and for the first time in a long time I felt that I was finally going to feel some excitement and an unexplainable feeling that I had been waiting to experience since it all fell apart for me. 

 As night approached and the sky was becoming increasingly opaque with darkness, I had decided to take a walk. I know, who decides to take a walk on an eerie night with the darkness in the sky? The serene silence as the woodland creatures calls had intuitively been connecting with each sense of realization in my mind and body. 

Suddenly I realized that I had gone too far! I didn't recognize that place but there were trees, a lot of trees, and yet in the midst of all the darkness the tops of the trees began to sparkle and glisten like little dewdrops. Soon enough straight ray came through the tree branches and it was like nothing I've ever seen before. I felt like I had been transported into an alienated world! I world full of brightness and mystique! I was astounded! Breathless! I felt excitement and I-I just couldn't explain it. 

Starlights glistened so harmoniously on top of the gradient night sky. I've wondered into a world of inexplicable excitement and awe based on a whim to take a walk on an eerie night. 

It was beautiful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...